Friday, November 29, 2013

little connections quilt

Welcome to finish it up Friday! I hope you all had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. I'm sad to see my favorite holiday over for another year, but we had a wonderful time with my family. I'm so very thankful that we don't have our house on the market like we did last year. What a relief THAT is!

Since I neglected to pick a winner for the scraps on Wednesday, I'll take care of that today, too. The winner of the scraps is Betty! Thanks to everyone for sharing your answers. They were very fun to read!
Now, let's talk finishes! Last evening I put the last few stitches in the binding of my little connections quilt while visiting with my sister. It was lovely!
This quilt will be gifted to some friends for their little boy. I had the best time selecting fabrics from my stash for the project. I find it interesting (now that I'm finished with it) that there aren't any 'baby prints' in the quilt, but I still feel like it's very baby boy appropriate. I really love the simplicity of it. Let's hear it for a good blender print!
I had just enough length of the gray striped fabric on hand, so it became the backing. The teal colored binding creates a nice frame and finishes off the quilt beautifully.
I quilted it with little loops all over. For the batting I used a bamboo blend which was LOVELY and soft. The slightly higher loft really shows off the quilting. I'm eager to wash it to see how the texture improves. It's going to be one SOFT and cuddly quilt. The finished size is 38.5" x 49.5".

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday!

26 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

It is just adorable. What a wonderful present for a little boy!! Love that bright happy binding!!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That is a gorgeous boy quilt! The binding is a fabulous choice!

Svetlana said...

what an adorable quilt. It will be prefect for a little baby boy. Love all the colors.

Snowcatcher said...

I will be very anxious to hear how the bamboo softens up. It's luxurious in thread and yarn. Love the boy-appropriate hues in this, and love the pattern!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I just love it!!

Tennjenny said...

Boy, that quilt is super super cute.

Sharon said...

your quilt is adorable, I absolutely love this color scheme! My mom made me a quilt with these colors, all in hexagons. It is so cute.
Your design would be a great way to use a layer cake or charm squares, too.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Very cute baby boy quilt from your stash!

Clair said...

I am sure the recipient will enjoy a handmade quilt for the baby.

Katherine said...

I love the simplicity of this quilt and think it's perfect for a little boy! The colours are soothing and yet masculine - such a great gift. They will love it.

beth said...

You did it again AmandaJean! Lovely little quilt.

Pickletoes Quilts said...

This is a great quilt for a little boy - he'll be able to grow with it.

Di~ said...

Great quilt, wonderful colors for a boy! Nice job. I wonder where you get your energy???I went to bed at 8:30!!!

StuffandThings said...

I love the little boy's quilt! (I am sorry I accidentally posted my finish it up Friday link incorrectly the first time, so now I'm on there twice.)

Jasmine said...

I also love how the non-baby prints make such a fun baby quilt.

The quilt I linked up today was inspired by one of yours. ;)

Georgi said...

Love the quilt! Especially love the loopy quilting and the binding!

roccagal said...

such great colors-simple quilt but sooo lovely!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Love this quilt. The finish is spectacular-binding hits the mark squarely and the backing looks super.

Janet said...

I like your quilt. The fabrics you used are great.

Mihaela said...

Such a beautiful baby boy quilt without any printed fabrics usually used! And it is not easy to find a good layout for a boy quilt!

Congratulation!

Anonymous said...

I love the teal binding - just perfect! It's a terrific quilt for a boy, no baby prints needed.

Dominique said...

Very nice. You are right that nothing is too babay-ish in this quilt, yet it is perfect for a baby boy. This will grow with him.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Even cuter in person! That is one lucky baby!

margaret said...

this is a real beauty

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful little boy quilt. I love the blend of colors and prints, and with the lack of baby-ish prints I think it's perfect for a little boy to grow up with :o)

Live a Colorful Life said...

This definitely has "boy" written all over it. I'm sure it will be very well loved!