Thursday, November 15, 2012

really random thursday

good news...I haven't forgotten how to quilt. what a relief!
(oh how i miss quilting several hours a day!!!!)

other snapshots from my week....
i joined instagram and i'm loving it. i'm @crazymomquilts over there. (if only blogging were that quick and easy!)
my son had his first choir concert this week. i could have bawled like a baby through the whole thing. he's growing up fast. (he is in no man's land for clothing sizes. especially dress clothes. fun. times.)
i bought a stack of chicopee. not sure what to do with it yet, but i'm determined to cut into it before it gets "old".
i've been deep cleaning everything in sight. it's exhausting but amazing how good things look when they are clean. who knew? i feel the compulsion to clean even when i'm out and about....like at the post office or the store. i need to remind myself to tone it down when i leave the house. (true story.)
my daughter LOVES running our Keurig. don't worry, she only drinks hot chocolate. so far. we predict that she is going to grow up to be a barista. :) those little hands are so precious.
we got our carpets cleaned by zerorez yesterday. they do amazing work! i never would have thought that our carpet could look that good. yippee! if you need your carpets cleaned, i'd highly recommend them.
i had a friend come over the other night to help me start staging my house. (it's much like playing dress up...but with your house.) we used things that i had on hand and it was FUN! i can't wait to finish up that project. (and kicking myself for not doing this much sooner!)

linking up with Cindy's really random thursday.

hope you have a great day!

23 comments:

Pomegranate Quilts said...

Whoa, the feng shui in your clean, uncluttered home is amazing! And that son of yours? Beautiful.

Annalia said...

Well, staging it here will give you lots of great ideas for when you reach your next home!

Josie McRazie said...

I never quite understand finally fixing things in the house just to sell. I mean I understand staging. But friends of mine decided to put their house on the market and after living in the house for 7 years and just putting up with an ill working kitchen...they did a kitchen remodel! Then of course they kicked themselves for not doing it much sooner! Lol

Anna said...

oh i love this post!!! yum, I've wanted a keurig for a little while now, so tempting with the apple cider flavor. I love that you're staging your house, I totally get into that stuff. :)

Suzanne said...

I get random. It fits my self-diagnosed ADD perfectly!

Katie Z. said...

Ah, staging and cleaning... I remember not being able to walk through the house without rearranging/tidying/wiping down at least 10 things! Good luck!

Lori said...

I think I have the same range as you. How do you keep the "rings around the burners" from building up? (No matter how much I work on it, I just can't get it off) Yours looks amazing!

Cheryl Arkison said...

OMG! Look at your living room!
I'm in cleaning mode too. Even invited my mom down to help. Yes, I am that desperate.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Cleaning/organizing my surroundings does the most amazing things to my state of mind. I'm super glad you haven't forgotten how to quilt, because I sure can't wait to see what will do with chicopee!

Lauren said...

Fun stuff going on over there! I am sure your house will look amazing, with all the fun quilts and things in your house.

Anonymous said...

I love your randomness. I always straighten while I am out as well. Too many years in retail is the excuse I always give. On the other hand, our house is a total disaster at the moment. Remodel construction started and it feels like total chaos. We final broke down and rented a storage unit today. I hope that helps!

Sandra said...

In 2010 We did a major renovation (like took the roof off and added a whole level~in December~in Canada!) and packed so much stuff away. There's still things in boxes in the basement, 2 years later. It's always good to stage; I like to do it when we have overseas company coming. Makes me feel like I have new stuff!!

Deborah said...

So fun to see peaks into your life! What a handsome son! Gotta love a Keurig!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, Amanda Jean, you wear me out! Your house is looking great. Good luck with everything! Hugs!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Hope all continues to move along well with the move! Sounds like you have the situation under total control!

Marit said...

I spy a lovely, clean house and a yummy orange triangle quilt in the making...
; )
Best of luck with both projects!

Suzanne said...

Hey, I just realized i too have that fq bundle that became your quilt in process. :)

Kelli said...

I just got a single-serve keurig last week for my birthday and I bought those same hot chocolates for my kiddos yesterday. We had them last night. Very good!

Your house looks great and so does your son. How do they get so big so fast??

amy smart said...

I'm so glad you're squeezing in some quilting time - it's just so good for one's sanity, isn't it? Especially amid the house-for-sale preparations. Good luck! I'm thinking about you and sending good vibes!

Melanie said...

I can't wait to see what you make with your Chicopee...I have some waiting to be cut into too :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your words about deep cleaning even when you're not home. Then you post the picture of your Keurig machine, please note that "keurig" in Dutch means clean/neat ;-)

Marijke from Holland!

Anonymous said...

I hope the house sells swiftly. Cleaning is one thing, but KEEPING it clean is where I'd have the most trouble around here. The good thing is, your kids are older.

The Calico Cat said...

I've cut into Chickopee - it is going into two scrappy (aka ongoing) projects!