Friday, November 23, 2012

finish it up Friday, 11/23/12

Welcome to finish it up Friday! Sorry I'm posting so late today. My life is nuts.

I have a few home finishes to share. They are exciting, but on such a different level than sewing finishes. That being said, I'll take ANY finish at this point.

Yesterday my husband and I replaced the brick work on our front step. Just in the nick of time. I was putting in the final bits of mortar right as the weather turned cold and windy. A mere hour or two before it started raining/snowing. I'm so glad that project is done!
(I took this photo before the mortar even had a chance to dry.) Masonry work isn't my favorite. :P And I'm wondering when I am going to figure out that I should hire out some of this work? I am a slow learner.
Then, after all that fun, we laid a new bathroom floor. Too much work in one day! Today my husband and I are hobbling around like we are 80 years old. Those are two significant projects that were finished in ONE DAY. Man, am I thankful.
I was trying to get my drano quilt back pieced and ready to go for today, but it didn't quite work out. I've got a plan...all I need is an hour to sew it together. Oh, that sounds blissful.

How about you? Have you had time to finish anything this week? Hopefully you've had time to sew. If so, please link up! Happy Friday to you!

18 comments:

Valspierssews said...

Bricks and mortar sounds a bit adventurous. Why do you call your quilt a drano quilt? I finished my first frame coin purse yesterday. My little pile of Japanese fabrics has been sitting on the sewing table for several weeks while I waited for my purse frames to be delivered. Our Brisbane weather is warming up nicely. I don't think I could live where it snowed!

Anonymous said...

Masonry work!! Wow, you are the "Jill" of all trades!!

Katie Z. said...

Wow! Beautiful (and HARD) work! I certainly hope you get an hour to sew today!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Well done you! Not sure I would have tried either of those jobs! Happy sewing now :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You two are amazing. I wouldn't even attempt either of those jobs. Well maybe I would have when I was young like you.

Kerstin said...

Great job, I can't believe you did that in only a day! I lost track, but I hope this is in your new place and not the old one...

Sonia B said...

That back looks like some awesomeness in the making. Good job on your house projects.

Maja said...

We been working on our house since
May. I don´t envy you!
Take care!

Laura said...

I'm very impressed with your home improvement projects! Wish I had the nerve to attempt something with my bathroom floor.

Chase said...

Home improvement is my weakness! I try to not {see} things that have been broken. I total admire your home improvement projects. This week I have few finish up, but I share a little zippered pouch today.
Happy Holiday~

Mama Pea said...

those are good finishes! Well done! It's so much work! I am sure you are really sore. Get some good rest tonight!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Well, I did get 3 quilts basted! And that included making a back. Thank goodness for a visiting MIL desperate to play with the kiddos!

Michele said...

I haven't any finishes to share but I do have some advice. Next time you are going to do work like that, take to Aleve first. It really helps keep those aches and pains less severe.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

You were busy! I did manage to set up the Christmas tree and decorate the house... and the boys helped, too. Now, that was an accomplishment! :-)

Anonymous said...

You never mentioned whether you finished up the prime rib...?

Love Of Quilts said...

IT IS A LOT OF WORK TO SELL A HOUSE. Hope You All Had a Very Happy Thanksgiving.

Dawn W said...

You are amazing! Mortar and quilts. :)

I don't know if you have time to answer a question in your busy life, but I seem to recall that you had photo storage problems on Blogger a while back. I am running into this same issue. How did you resolve this? I currently can't upload any of my photos to my family blog because my quota is full. iliketoquilt at hotmail dot com

dhanalakshmi said...


giftxoxo
Well done you put your big effort in that work.