Thursday, October 04, 2012

working on a deadline

I'm hurriedly working on a finish to share tomorrow. It's surprising how fast the weeks go. Yikes! (But on the other hand, I do love a deadline...it's a motivator like no other.)
I quilted up my son's gigantic pillow panels using this tutorial by Oh Fransson. It was a lot of fun! It was great to be able to use the patchwork as a built in guide-that made the quilting so easy. Plus it reminds me of my apple cake quilt...one of my all time favorites. Now to tackle the zipper and wrestle the pillow into it's cover. Oh, yay! :)

Hopefully your finishes are coming along nicely. See you tomorrow for finish it up Friday!

17 comments:

Allison said...

I love the quilting - you did a great job! and that orange & grey color combo is scrumptious! :)

Karee said...

making a grey with splashes of orange & black, right now, myself. for a generous man who loves his harley.
parralel lives.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great quilting for the pillow!

Jane said...

Beautiful! I love the orange and grey and the quilting just sets it off beautifully!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Gorgeous. Love the colors together! And I love the quilting - on my way to read the tutorial. Thanks! ~Jeanne

Angie said...

The pillow is great---and your apple quilt is fantastic! :)

Suzanne said...

So nice to see you are sewing so much. Me, not at all. :(

Mama Pea said...

So pretty. Love the colors!

Tamie said...

Love these colors and the quilting.

Pomegranate Quilts said...

Orange and grey squares with that clean quilting? Just beautiful.

Annilu said...

Oh my lord! I DO love this combination of orange and grey SO much. One of my next quilts will be in grey/orange (I promise myself!)

Wonderful colours - wonderful quilting!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

How very very cool! I think this will be a colour combo for me to try next!

Jaime Costiglio said...

Amanda it's modernly perfect now even without the pillow insert. Great choice of quilting and thanks for the tutorial info, really helpful.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Looks great! I have a finish to share. Now I just need to find time to write a post!

Michelle said...

I love the colors, love the quilting!!! I'm going to be missing yet another deadline (story of my life lately), but hoping to get lots of quilting done over this four day Fall Break :)

Chara Michele said...

Love the quilting on this!

Unknown said...

What did you stuff the pillow with?