Monday, May 14, 2012

catching up

oh mylanta.
there is so much to say....
i got home last night after a great trip to a happy and healthy family. what a blessing! i have the BEST family ever.
(these photos were taken during homework time tonight....we had fun with the camera.) my kids were so happy to have me home.
i had a fabulous time away. this was the view at the retreat. sigh. it was so beautiful. the retreat itself was AMAZING! the book signing went very well, too. thanks so much to everyone who came out to both. you ladies were so much fun!!! it's always so good to go, but it's so good to come home, too.

my family got me fish for mother's day. :) along with adorable handmade cards. and a few other goodies. it was all lovely. we were even able to sneak in an impromptu campfire before bed. it was a nice way to catch up after being gone for several days. even though the kids talk all at once. almost all the time!!!

while i was gone over the weekend, my husband ripped out the banisters and built a wall. you know, just a regular old weekend project.....
This is what it looked like before. I had trouble finding a photo of the banister without a quilt on it...go figure!
And now. i think he was trying to hide the perpetually messy landing, LOL!!!  no, actually, he was talking about doing this for awhile now, so it wasn't like he took it upon himself to redesign our house on a whim. which is a good thing....a very good thing. :) I'm looking forward to seeing it finished! (That's just for you, retreat ladies!)

I decided to do a little retrospective giveaway from last post. thank you to all who left sweet comments! I appreciate each and every one. the random number generator picked #44, which is Stephanie! Stephanie, I'll be happy to pass along some scraps to you, should you like to play with them. If you have plenty of your own, I'll handpick a stack of fabric for you instead. Just let me know what you prefer. I'll hand deliver them at market!

Speaking of market....I'm headed to quilt market in just two short days. WOW, that came up quickly. If you are planning to be there and would like to meet up, shoot me an email!

Happy Monday to you!

21 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Have fun at market! I so wish I could be there too!!!

Shan said...

I ordered a copy sat. can't wait to get. Although it maybe a great prize in my giveaway. Congratulations!!

Melissa S said...

LOL @ mylanta....I remeber grandpa saying that ;)

Anonymous said...

It's funny - we have the wall and I would love to have railing! I guess that the grass is always greener on the other side. If only he could bring your leftovers to my house.
Kristina

Terry said...

Your kids are adorable! Please tell them thank you for sharing you with us! Isn't it so great to be so warmly greeted when you come back home? (Kind of makes you want to go away more often!) Good luck at market, can't wait to hear about your discoveries there.

Mama Pea said...

Your kids are so adorable! Your daughter looks just like you! My E is starting to complain with all my traveling. It's not good.

So, are you talking about ME in that giveaway???? Oh, my gosh! Thank you, if it's true! I would love to play with some of your scraps. I owe you a book review, so maybe I'll make a "slab" out of the scraps as part of my review. Sorry I am so far behind! I have all the pages marked that I want to talk about!

Okatava-Катя said...

You have the great family! Congratulations!

lera said...

I cannot believe how big your boys are getting! When did this happen?

Shawn said...

Sounds like you had a great week and Mother's Day Amanda. Will you have your own booth ~~ I wish I could sneak into market!! Your kids are growing, enjoy every minute!

jlk said...

I'll be at Market, with Stephanie! I would love to meet you, as I've been a fan of your blog for years.

Thimbleanna said...

Can't wait to see you. And meet Stephanie and JLK! Maybe we can all dance together for JLK!!!!

Becky said...

I would love to go to Quilt Market and may be in the area! Will see what my week holds in store for me. I like that your husband put up the solid wall. We actually did that at our house when we built it so I would have more wall space for family pictures and quilts, of course!

Angela Nash said...

Alone with the kids AND he built a wall. Great job Mr. Crazy Mom!

Thanks to your family for sharing you with us last weekend.

Chara Michele said...

You are a busy lady :) Have fun at market!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to a lot of this and have been following your post for a few months. Can anyone go to quilt market? Is it to see new fabric and equipment? Where is it happening? Give more details for us newbies!

Amanda Jean said...

quilt market is a trade show that is held twice a year and it is not open to the public. you need to be "in the business" or connected to someone who is. it is held in the spring in various cities, rotating each year, and in the fall it is always in Houston. this year it is in Kansas City. yes, it is to see new fabric and tools, and anything quilt related. (I don't know about the equipment part, necessarily.)

hope that helps!

Amanda Jean

Cherie said...

Glad to hear you had a great time at the retreat and came back to have some fun time with your family!
Ha men always like to re-decorate at the strangest of times!
The quilt market sounds like a lot of fun! =D

Linda said...

Oh. My. Word. The kids are so big! Z doesn't even look like a kid anymore, more like a teenager!

Chris {frecklemama} said...

your kids are so beautiful and your daughter looks just like you!

I LOVE seeing the little projects and I know how nice it is to finally knock them off the list.

Have fun at market!

Suzanne said...

I'm delighted you had such a great weekend! Look at your handsome kiddos! Thank you for talking about how your kids talk all at once all the time. We resemble that kind of communication in our house too.

Since your husband tackled that project while you were away, is his name CrazyK----Constructs?

Cheryl Arkison said...

Wow, that will be quilt the change! But you'll lose the light on that lay-out spot. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!