Wednesday, February 07, 2007

no title today

Thanks for all the comments on my new bookshelf arrangement. I kept thinking, "I am such a nerd" when I was doing it, but it really looks great in person. And it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Roxanne commented: "By the way, how are you going to find the book you're looking for?"

Well, Roxanne, they weren't in any kind of order before, so we still had to search. I guess it is inevitable with that many books.

Kevin thought that if my sister Clair would have been arranging them, she would have color coded them and then arranged them alphabetically. (Clair, is he right???)

Anyway, it makes some nice wall art and it didn't cost me a thing.

Last night my dear friend Amy called me and asked me to go shopping. The weather still wasn't the greatest, but I cannot tell you a time that I recall that I enjoyed a shopping trip so much. And with no kids! I don't know when Target ever looked better. It was great to finally get out after being house-bound with 3 little ones (age 6 and under) for 4 and a half days.

I finally got some white fabric, so I will be working on these today.

Have you seen this purse made by Roxanne, the oh-so talented purse maker? (check out the last 3 photos on her post.) I love it.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you had the chance to escape for a little while! Hopefully no more snow for the next little while, too!
Thanks for the binding info. I think I might try the flannel. We'll see.

Roxanne said...

I totally understand that feeling of getting away. Even if its only for a half an hour, you just have to get out of the house and away. Makes me feel like I can ward off crazy for one more day then! Thanks for the plug, I'm so glad you like the purse. It has a couple issues, but what doesn't the first time you try it, right!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got out of the house and had a great time doing some retail therapy with a friend. Can't wait to see the quilt completed.

Anonymous said...

We so enjoy all of your log cabin creations. Yellow is such a beautiful cheery colour!

becki said...

Happy quilting!! I need to get back to that too!! I have a wedding coming up and a quilt as a gift to get completed!!

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow! Wish the photo were a little brighter though! I'm making an orange bag today to get my citrus fix.

Clair said...

I might have put the books in abc order. I don't know.