Friday, January 05, 2007

thinking of decorating

I had an "ah-ha" moment tonight. It's about time :)


I got this rug from my uncle about a year and a half ago. He lived on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona for many years and it was part of his collection. When he moved, he downsized his rug collection, and I ended up with this one. I love it. The red in the rug matches my great room wall color perfectly. I wanted to use this rug in front of my kitchen sink. But I am a messy cook and I didn't want to ruin the rug. I don't know why I thought about it tonight, but I realized that if I hung this on the wall it would make some awesome artwork. And it is using what I have.

I also have the urge to paint some walls in my house. If only it weren't so much work!!!

Gratitudes:
1. Time spent in kindergarden with my son this morning.
2. A new haircut.
3. A little alone time today, even at though it was at the grocery store.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Very cool idea...I love wall art that has an actual story behind it, not just I got it on sale at Pier 1!

Clair said...

Good idea to use something you already have. I suggest not painting your walls...at least for two years after you painting them the first time.

Linda said...

That rug is awesome! They do some amazing work, don't they? I think hanging it on the wall is the perfect idea and the colors will go great in you house!