Tuesday, January 30, 2007

so much to do...

...so little time!

I've been anxious to get working on some quilting...



...as you can see, my scrap basket is overflowing! Thanks go to Amy and Taia for their contributions. :) Hopefully in the next few days I can make some progress and put a dent in this scrap stash. I have some ideas for little patchwork projects and I also have some scrap quilts that I will be adding to. My goal is to be able to fit all the scraps into my scrap jar again. This is a fairly aggressive goal, just to let you know.

I have also been working on this purple scarf....it will be going to my neighbor when it is done, since she gave me the yarn. This yarn is fine, it tangles easily and it takes a long time to knit. I am telling myself that once I finish this scarf I can start another crochet project....so far that has been a good motivator.

Beyond that, not too much excitement here. We have another snow day, so there is no school today. It sure is pretty and I am thankful that I didn't have to go out this morning to take my son to school. I am hoping to get lots of sewing done today, but I have a guess of how that will all pan out. My daughter has a tooth coming in, and she is in a lot of pain. My boys have been whining and arguing...come to think of it, I'll be lucky to get any sewing done at all. If all else fails, I might have to resort to some on-line retail therapy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Gratitudes:
1. My sewing machine
2. My warm house
3. The beautiful snow, and the fact that I don't have to go out in it today.

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I think if we mixed our scrap stash, we could make LOTS of stuff! Sounds like a fun day! I ordered C's quilt pattern (puzzle) today. Can't wait for it to come it - we'll have a planning party!
AJ

Roxanne said...

Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you there! Good luck - I hope you get to do something fun on your snow day! Sometimes I feel so spoiled on days like these that I just get to stay home and snuggle with Sydney in a warm house! We are blessed aren't we!

becki said...

I'm sure you will make some sort of fancy quilt with that stash! I'm excited to see what you make! I love the scarf!! It looks soft and warm! Perfect for a day like today!!

Anonymous said...

I want snow! It's just too hot here at the moment to do much in the way of quilting.

Linda said...

Good luck with your scrap reduction! I never seem to get that far, lol. You don't want to see my scrap pile, and I do mean pile! Actually the scraps from things that I have made for Lexi, Claire and Mady I am saving to make scrap quilts for them when they get older. I actually usually buy just a little extra so that I have a decent amount left over. Those are tucked away in a bag for each of them to be used in about 13 years or so. I wish I had done that for my sister's girls, too, but I didn't. Kayla graduates high school this year and it would have been fun to give her a quilt with fabrics from dresses from her childhood.