Here are the 14 quilts that I made/finished in 2006...in no particular order.
This is the 2 sided quilt that I completed last night. I think I like the green side better than the brown. The quilt is incredibly heavy due to the fact that all of the the brown fabrics are decorator weight or better. My husband declared it the model for all other quilts. I quilted it in wavy lines across the width. There are few puckers in the quilting; it certainly turned out better than I had imagined it would...the bulky fabrics were hard to work with. I do like the results. I like the pieced back...a lot...I think many of my future quilts will have pieced backs.
Where the quilt will reside when it is not being used by the boys to make tents. :)
This quilt was a block of the month starting in 2002. I completed this quilt in Jan. or Feb. 2006. It is machine and hand quilted. It definitely looks better in person than in the photos (which is nearly always the case). It is about a twin size.
This is a baby quilt made for a friend's baby. I first saw the idea for the design here. I like this design a lot. I would like to make another quilt like this-only larger-using mostly scraps.
This quilt is titled "I've Got the Blues". I made it for my brother Tim, who loves the color blue. I collected various blue fabrics for this quilt for years before actually making it. I sent this quilt to him for his birthday last May. It was inspired by quilts that my grandma and her fellow church ladies make. I resisted the urge to tie it with brightly colored orange or red yarn like my grandma would do. I think that quilting it was the right choice.
This quilt was made for our baby if it were to be a boy. I am not proud of this quilt....I think it is quite ugly...but hey, what can I say. It was made with mostly scraps. It sure didn't turn out the way that I had envisioned it. I guess that it the hazard of designing your own quilt rather than using a pattern. Or buying a kit. (Two things that I rarely do.)
This quilt I made for my friend Erica. Her mom is a quilter, and I've tried to talk her into making her own quilt, but she hasn't yet. She has gone through A LOT of personal struggles this past year and I wanted to have this done for her birthday (in July) but got it done in Sept. and gave it to her several weeks after that. She always said that she likes just plain patchwork, which is right up my alley, so that is what she got. She loves it. It's one of those quilts that is going to look better as it gets used and fades out a bit.
This is the quilt I made if we were to have a girl (which we did in April). I dislike sewing triangles, but this quilt turned out pretty well despite them. I probably should have quilted it a little more densely, but other than that I am happy with it.
Here is another insanely bright quilt. This bullseye quilt has raw edges and I used black rather than white for the background for it because it is for my 3 year old. I was going for practicality. This isn't one of my favorites, but I am glad that I made a bullseye quilt. It is nice and warm and fun to snuggle up in. I used black batting for the inside, which seemed weird, but it is a nice heavy quilt. My little guy likes it a lot...and that is what matters. I started this quilt before the boys shared a bedroom and it doesn't go with their current bedroom color scheme at all, but someday this will be a great quilt to layer underneath for warmth.
This quilt was actually made from a pattern from this book. I added different borders than the pattern directions, but the rest I followed. I like that only 2 different blocks make up the design and that they echo each other. It is hard to go wrong with the classic red, white and blue color scheme. I wanted to keep this for my son, but again, it is not practical for a 3 year old with all the white, so I ended up giving this to my sister Clair. (We are both 4th of July babies, so it was only appropriate, don't you think?)
This quilt was made for my friend Lucy. (Linda B. actually) She had a quilt custom made and had a bunch of leftover fabrics. She gave me free reign on the design and I had a difficult time deciding. But since there were so many different fabrics going on I ended up using 2 squares and a rectangle to make one large 8" square. There is also oatmeal colored chenille in the mix to add more texture. It would have matched my living room nicely.... :)
This wall hanging was made to for my entryway. It was based on a pattern in this book. It is hand quilted. I like it very much.
And the three quilts previously blogged about, but I added the photos again rather than linking to the previous posts.
The quilt for Dawn.
So there you go... I guess my blog name is really appropriate for me. :)