Thursday, January 18, 2007

the fattened stash

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my crabby post yesterday. I really appreciate all of your words of encouragement. This mom thing is hard, and it is so nice to know that I am not alone in my rough days.

Last weekend JoAnn's had a lovely little 4 day sale. I buy most of my fabric there, and I kind of have a love/hate relationship with them. I know most of their employees by now, and I even gave directions to the thread isle to a fellow customer last week. I shopped 2 out of the 4 days of the sale, and I had a blast. I am absolutely sure that I had never bought so much fabric in 2 consecutive shopping trips. You see, after making 14 quilts last year and very little shopping for craft supplies in the month of December, I was in dire need of a stash rebuilding. This is solely my opinion. This opinion is not shared by my husband.
various calicoes

these next several are Tracy Porter prints.


Reminds me of a grandma pillow case. Looks vintage, no?

I got 7 yards and 11" of this one above. I first asked for one yard. I must not have released hold of the bolt of fabric or else an endless stream of drool was running down my chin. The guy that was cutting asked if I was sure I wanted just a yard. I told him I'd think about it (as I filled my cart with fabric for the second time). The next time I was at the cutting counter, I asked for 6 yards. This will be some lovely quilt back! There was 1 yard and 11" left, so they gave it to me for 75% of the sale price (which was $1.50 a yard). So the last yard and a third was 48 cents. Totally worth my trip right there. I love getting a good bargain. Then they asked if I wanted the cardboard bolt. I declined, saying that I don't want to look conspicuous. :)

A lovely Alexander Henry print. This is so much better than the photo depicts.

These polka dots look equally good in each color way.
I *heart* polka dots.



more Tracy Porter....
these are from my lovely friend Amy Jo...I love them so!

I am certain that my stash has never, ever looked this good.
And apparently, I am ready for spring to be here.

Gratitudes:
1. Pretty fabric
2. More pretty fabric
3. You, my lovely blog friends

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Holy Cow!! Love it all, can't wait to see some finished products, or at least WIP!!

Linda said...

Wow, and I thought I went nuts! Isn't it fun, though! If I had more space to store it, I'd definately increase my stash. I never know how much to buy for stash purposes, though. I'm always afraid I won't have enough for whatever I decide to eventually make.

Joanna said...

Woo hoo! Looks like you had a great time. I'm a big fan of the Tracy Porter stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it all.

Clair said...

Tell me, do you really think that you needed more fabric? Although it is fun to get new stuff. Looking at your fabric makes me think I should get out my machine and start sewing.

Thimbleanna said...

Pretty fabrics! I made a little girls dress out of the yellow colorway of the paper doll fabric that you have pictured. I blogged it here.