Friday, December 08, 2006

wip friday

This is a crochet blanket that I started on Thanksgiving (or so). The first photo is attempt number 4 or 5. I lost track. I wasn't too thrilled about it, and at 24 rows into the thing I took a picture of it, and then ripped it out. You see, it is not my goal to have the ugliest blanket in the world. I don't think that the photo really shows the extent of the ugliness that this blanket possessed.

So here is my attempt number 5 or 6. I am telling myself that this is the final time that I start over. I have edited my color scheme quite a bit, so I think that I will be happier with this round. Or else this will be my eternal crochet project.

Last night when I was working on this and my husband saw that my blanket had shrunk he threatened to throttle me. I really don't blame him one bit. I am realizing now how sad it is that the photos are not showing progression, but rather the opposite. Oh, but all too often that is how the crafting works at my house.

Here is a little bit more progress I made while sitting down with my family and watching The Electric Company. What a groovy blast from the past. The 70's were really something!

More of these afghans around blog land. Love 'em all!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great so far! They remind me of the ones my grandmother used to make when I was younger. She would use all her leftover yarn for them. She made me a granny square pattern one from leftover yarn, but unfortunately the moths got at it and it fell apart. I have another one that she made. I should take a picture of it to show you.

Rhonda Kauffman said...

There's a certain place in my heart for those "ugly" projects! When my husband saw your blog, he said, "She's just like you!" I can't wait to see how this turns out.